Destiny’s servers will be rendered offline Tuesday, October 7 for scheduled maintenance, Bungie today announced.
The downtime is projected to start at 7AM PDT and will last “a few hours” according to the studio. Notice all those sevens? As any Bungie fan will tell you, that’s not a coincidence.
Destiny will be updated again tomorrow to improve services. The fix will interrupt the game for a few hours. http://t.co/9V3ALYlMJk
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) October 6, 2014
The maintenance is wholly aimed at stabilizing server and player connections, and Bungie affirms that the “player experience will remain unchanged”. This hotfix will help eliminate pesky network difficulties like the CENTIPEDE error code which can lead to suddenly interrupted gameplay during missions, Strikes or even the highly venerated Vault of Glass raid.
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
Bungie will continue to update and tweak Destiny‘s servers to improve connection stability, stamp out bugs and generally improve the scope of the game.
Just recently the devs have tweaked the Cryptarch’s cruel predilection in turning Legendary engrams into regular Rares, and has made plans to bring in the oft-requested proximity voice chat. The studio affirms that it’s listening to its players and that it’ll continue to shape Destiny around their feedback.
According to our official Destiny review, Bungie might have their work cut out for them.
Destiny will be unplayable for multiple hours starting 7AM PDT on Tuesday, October 7.