It seems that these days, Uber is rocking it out! The well-known transportation service recently introduced UberEats, an app that allows you to order a takeaway the same way as ordering yourself a ride. Now, they’ve introduced ‘Family Profiles’.
So, what exactly does this mean? First, with this option you allow your friends and/or family, to share one payment method for Uber overall. One feature passengers have frequently requested is an easy way to pay for family and friends. That’s why Uber announced Family Profiles, a new feature launched in Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix that lets up to 10 riders safely and easily share one payment method. See the showcase below to find out how it works and how to use it right away.
For the Family Profile organizer:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Uber app.
- Go to Menu and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to “Add a Family Profile” and select the contacts you would like to add.
- As soon as the Family Profile rider accepts the invitation, they can begin requesting rides from their own phone using the Family Profile as their payment method.
- The cost of the trip will automatically be billed to the Family Profile and the organizer will receive a receipt for every ride.
For the Family Profile rider:
- Open the email invitation to Family Profiles and accept.
- The first time you ride, make sure you’re using the latest version of the app and choose the Family Profile as your default payment method.
- Once selected, request a ride as you normally would and get moving!
Uber does call this feature ‘Family Profiles’ but they let you decide who is family. It’s a relatively great way to help love ones, whether they are family or you consider them as such. It’s a great way to help loved ones, friends or coworkers get where they want to go while you foot the bill. Whether you’re a parent with kids away at college or a daughter wanting to help your parents maintain their independence, it’s never been easier to share some Uber love around to the people that matter most in your life.