Out with the old, in with the … old? On Apple’s Spring 2016 event in San Francisco the company introduced the iPhone SE, blast from the past with a new twist; new performance and improved usability. The package of the iPhone SE offers compact aluminum design updated with matte-chamfered edges, color-matched stainless steel Apple logo in a compact design introducec with the iPhone 5/5S. Apple iPhone SE will come in four metallic finishes, including rose gold.
Apple iPhone SE offers exceptional performance on the iOS system, using the same 64-bit A9 processor offered in actual high-end phones; iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. Given that they’re running at blazing fast speeds and have to cope with a larger screen, it is expected that iPhone SE will offer longer battery life, faster wireless, a 12-megapixel iSight camera featuring Live Photos and 4K video, and Apple Pay with Touch ID.
“iPhone SE is an exciting new idea – we started with a beloved, iconic design and reinvented it from the inside out. The result is the most beautiful and powerful phone with a four-inch display in the world,” said Philip Schiller (Senior VP, Worldwide Marketing). “iPhone SE is packed with a stunning four-inch Retina display, advanced 64-bit A9 chip with M9 motion co-processor, longer battery life, 12-megapixel iSight camera with True Tone flash, Live Photos, 4K video, faster LTE and Wi-Fi, and Touch ID with Apple Pay. Everyone who wants a smaller phone is going to love iPhone SE.”
Basically, the iPhone SE is what Apple users were found wanting: smaller sized phone with great performance, design changes (the headphone jack is now down, as on iPhone 6/6S), together with all the abilities that made the previous smaller phones popular back in the day. On another note, these are actually the most affordable phones from the Cuppertino-based tech giant, giving fans over the world something to look forward too.
Pricing & Availability
- iPhone SE will be available in space gray, silver, gold and rose gold metallic finishes in 16GB and 64GB models starting at $399 (US) from Apple’s retail stores, Apple.com, Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers, or for 24 monthly payments starting at $17 (US) exclusively at Apple’s retail stores in the US
- As part of the newly-announced Trade Up with Installments program at Apple stores in the US, customers can also purchase iPhone SE for as low as $10/month for 24 months
- Customers in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, the UK, US Virgin Islands and the US will be able to order iPhone SE beginning Thursday, March 24, with availability beginning Thursday, March 31th
- iPhone SE will be available in early April in Albania, Andorra, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Guernsey, Jersey, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Kosovo, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Maldives, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey and UAE
- Apple-designed accessories including leather cases in black and midnight blue will be available for $39 (US), and Lightning Docks in color-matched metallic finishes are currently available from Apple’s retail stores and Apple.com for $49 (US)
- Every customer who buys iPhone SE from Apple will be offered free Personal Setup, in-store or online, to help them customize their iPhone by setting up email, showing them new apps from the App Store and more
- Anyone who wants to learn more about iPhone SE or iOS 9 can register for the free workshops offered at every Apple Store
In a nutshell, iPhone SE will sell, giving the Cuppertino giant even more revenue. It remains to be seen how well the iPhone 6S customers will receive the introduction of a smaller phone, something a lot of owners were requesting. Check out the media gallery for the Apple SE below.