VRX 2017, one of world’s premier conferences on the subject of business and technology needed for Virtual Reality, announced the first speakers for a two day event. The conference takes place on December 7th and 8th in San Francisco Marriott Marquis. There’s no doubt that the announcements made on this conference might be the clearest direction where VR/MR/AR are heading as an industry, as it will happen after Microsoft Windows 10 Mixed Reality launches, as well as seeing the first sales results of next generation Oculus Rift headset.
The conference is organized by VR Intelligence, London-based firm whose leaders don’t hide that there’s an inflation of VR-related events. “With so many VR events out there, we’ve always tried to position VRX as the place where business gets done,” says Pete Carkeek, MD at VR Intelligence. “As the hype cycle goes through its process, we make sure our content addresses the most important issues in how to ride the wave, build business, reach customers and realize the massive potential that the industry and technology holds.”
The conference description states that VRX is “the only B2B event which covers the full spectrum of where VR is having the biggest impact; with insights and solutions from those leading the charge in gaming, film, broadcasting, automotive, engineering, architecture, healthcare, retail, tourism, hospitality, marketing and beyond.
Confirmed speakers are as follows:
- Rikard Steiber, President Viveport and SVP Virtual Reality, HTC
- Ted Schilowitz, Futurist, 20th Century Fox
- Tony Parisi, Global Head of VR/AR, Unity Technologies
- Maureen Fan, CEO, Baobab Studios
- Denny Unger, CEO, Cloudhead Games
- Chaki Ng, Head of Viacom NEXT, Viacom
- Ryan Horrigan, Chief Content Officer, Felix & Paul Studios
- Drew Larner, COO, Within
- Vicki Ferguson, Programming Team Lead, Virtual Reality, Ubisoft
- Tommy Palm, CEO, Resolution Games
- Marcus Kühne, Strategy Lead, Immersive Techologies, AUDI
- Christine Cattano, Global Head of VR, Framestore
- Helen Situ, Product Marketing, NextVR
- Stephanie Llamas, Head of Immersive Technology Insights, SuperData Research
- Patrick Dahms, Advanced Technical Artist (VR), BMW
- Philip Rosedale, CEO, High Fidelity
- Solomon Rogers, Founder, REWIND
- Dan Ferguson, Co-Founder / EVP Digital Interactive Strategy, Groove Jones
From the announced speakers, heaviest hitters are without any doubt Rikard Steiber, Ted Schilowitz and Tony Parisi. It is surprising not to see major players from Amazon, Facebook, Google or Valve. Diamond sponsor is none other than Intel Corporation, and we’re wondering who will represent the company at the event. It would not be surprising to see Frank Soqui, General Manager for VR as the guest speaker – and you might want to read his recent opinion on creating great VR content on Forbes.
For more information and pricing, see the VRX website at http://www.vr-intelligence.com/vrx. We leave you with a video of Tim Sweeney’s speech during VRX 2016: